Hippotherapy is a form of physical, occupational and speech therapy in which a therapist uses the characteristic movements of a horse to provide carefully graded motor and sensory input.Hippotherapy has been used to treat patients with neurological or other disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, head injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, behavioral disorders and psychiatric disorders.
Who benefits from Hippotherapy?
- Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Closed Head Injury.
- Developmental Delay.
- Down syndrome.
- Emotional Disorders.
- Hearing Impairment
What benefits can be given by the Hippotherapy?
- It trains the vestibular apparatus
- Improved gross motor skills
- Trunk core strength
- Respiratory control
- Control of extremities
- Improved postural symmetry
- A person, that was deprived from walking on his own feet receives an experience of self-movement by riding horse
- It stimulates the development of potential abilities
- It provides the general rehabilitation and body strengthening
- Exercise all groups of muscles and reduced abnormal muscle tone
- It improves the work of cardio respiration system
- It forms the positive personal behavior and perks, such as persistence, purpose, consideration for others, responsibility for others, mandatory.
- Sessions help to get rid of the complexes and fears, caused by the health limitation
- The person is involved in the process of active social interaction.